Saturday, May 19, 2007

Iowa Speedway Action, Part Two

First of all, I want this lens. Do you think I can get an adaptor for it to fit my E-1?





The racing action was tight and aggressive. I started out at the outlet end of pit road where the next several images were taken.











Yes, this was the beginning of a serious wipeout. The yellow car dove in underneath the black car and couldn't make it stick. Around it went and a hard impact to the back end. He hit the wall at the apex of the turn--right where there is a cutout in the fence for photographers. I was out there earlier in the day and didn't quite feel comfortable in that spot. I think I've played my NASCAR racing games too much to want to hang out in some places.





SPAM!

Now for some racing action at the exit of Turn 4.



As the night progressed, I moseyed up to the spotter stand. I really can't say that I had many "keepers" up there.




The ASA race ran in three 50-lap segments. In-between the ASA segments they ran the truck race in two 25-lap segments. Excellent racing and the winner won by about six-inches. Yes, that brown truck is TowMater.





Now, for some sleep...

No comments: